Rotating Machinery Analysis
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT Tests)
- Multibody Dynamics and Drive Train Analysis
- High/Low Speed Gearbox Analysis
- Steam/Gas Turbine and Compressor Analysis
- Shaft Orbit Plot & Centreline Analysis
- Casing Tolerance Assessments
- Fatigue Assessments
- Operational Deflection Shape (ODS) Analysis and Animations
- Condition Monitoring Support
- Frequency Response and Modal Analysis
- Time Waveform/Waterfall Analysis
- Isolation Specification and Solution Design
Rotating machinery analysis is vital in the process of maintaining rotational components or when planning to purchase new equipment. Many machinery upgrades and installations can end in unwanted and potentially harmful vibration issues in dynamic systems. By determining the dynamic response of a system Xi can design alterations to remove problematic vibrations and remove the risk of expensive repair and maintenance operations later in the component life cycle.
The Engineers at Xi have over 30 years experience in measurement and modelling of dynamic systems and have specified many design solutions and alterations for our clients. Our objective is to improve design and reduce downtime to prevent failure and loss of production.
How We Do It
The Engineers at Xi can provide rapid and accurate analysis on existing machinery using our detailed measurement procedure. This allows us to characterise the dynamics of a systems, through quantification of vibrations, vibration pathways and source. With this data Xi can then provide a report and analysis on the current operating condition of rotating components in relation to relevant ISO Standards and highlight any cause for concern, prior to establishing solutions.
If there are issues in mechanical operation or if the client wishes to improve the performance of their system we can provide design improvements for rotational components, mechanical bearings and seals, supporting structures, and even design isolation and damping techniques for destructive frequency matching.
For more complex systems and new system designs, Xi engineers have provided full multiphysics modelling services where we can perform detailed modal analysis, fatigue analysis, frequency response analysis and even ODS analysis on full drive train and multibody dynamic systems.
Typical Rotating Machinery Standards
- ISO 1680 : Acoustics - Test code for the measurement of airbornnoise emitted by rotating electrical machines
- ISO 4866 : Mechanical vibration and shock - Vibration of fixed structures - Guidelines for the measurement of vibrations and evaluation of their effects on structures
- ISO 7919 : Mechanical vibration of non-reciprocating machines - Measurements on rotating shafts and evaluation criteria
- ISO/TS 10811 : Mechanical vibration and shock - Vibration and shock in buildings with sensitive equipment
- ISO 10816 : Mechanical vibration - Evaluation of mahcine vibration by measurements on non-rotating parts
- ISO 13373 : Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines - vibration condition monitoring
- ISO 14839 : Mechanical vibration - Vibration of rotating machinery equipped with active magnetic bearings
- ISO/TR 19201 : Mechanical vibration - Methodology for selecting appropriate machinery vibration standards
- ISO/DIS 20816 : Mechanical vibration - Measurement and evaluation of machine vibration
- BS EN 60034 : Rotating electrical machines: Rating and Performance
If you would like an informal and confidential chat contact us on: